video games are a wonderful escape from reality until you see your reflection in the loading screen
I’ve been very fortunate, particularly with Black Widow in the Marvel films, to finally play one of the first superheroines that’s complex and is more than just a decoration. She’s a product of where she comes from, of her backstory, of her struggles as a person, a woman, as a product of a program, as an orphan. It was all of these things. She’s really complex, and I see that genre opening up for women. That’s fun to be a part of.
- Marian: Regina, isn’t it?
- Regina: Queen Regina.
- Marian: Robin’s told me a great deal about you. Something about you having a son? A bit older than Roland?
- Regina: Yes. Henry.
- Marian: Excellent. Roland’s always wanted a brother.
- Regina: What?
- Marian: You didn’t think Robin wouldn’t tell me about your talk with him?
- Regina: I, ah.
- Marian: I thought not. Now, wear your best gown tonight.
- Regina: What?
- Marian: We’re all going out. I got that nice woman Emma to watch the boys.
- Regina: Pardon?
- Marian: You’re good-looking, I’m good-looking, we both love Robin. I think we can work with this.
- Regina: I’m sorry, what are you suggesting?
- Marian: I believe it’s called a triad. Emma helped me research it. She was very eager to help.
- Regina: I can imagine.
- Marian: It’s so nice having things work out. Otherwise it could have gotten messy.
- Elsa: Who dares approach my--
- Regina: Oh good, you're home! I was worried I would have to come back later. Anyway, I'm Regina. Welcome to Storybrooke!
- Elsa: I'm sorry, how did you get past the snow golems?
- Regina: That's not important. What *is* important is that there's finally another queen in Storybrooke! Do you know how tedious it is to be surrounded by princesses all the time? I mean, they're perfectly nice, don't get me wrong, but--
- Elsa: Wait, is that a fruit basket?
- Regina: Oh, yeah! Apples. I didn't know what kind you liked so I grabbed a bunch. We are gonna' be such great friends!
- Elsa: But I'm laying waste to your town!
- Regina: Oh, I was doing that a little while back. Fun right? So are you more of a Honey Crisp or Granny Smith kind of woman?
- Elsa: I don't understand what's happening right now.
TURNS out two heads really are better than one. Two people have successfully steered a virtual spacecraft by combining the power of their thoughts - and their efforts were far more accurate than one person acting alone. One day groups of people hooked up to brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) might work together to control complex robotic and telepresence systems, maybe even in space.
power up the jaegers baby
I was just scrolling through my dash and I was like “oh a pacific rim quote - WAIT HOLY SHIT”
this is my favorite thing
Who the fuck named the Sahara Desert anyway
Sahara is just the Arabic word for “deserts”
You fucking named it the Desert Desert
way to fucking go
I’ll take “European Imperialists Who Never Bothered To Translate The Local Languages” for $200, Alex.
"Soviet" means "union"
The Union Union
We’re good at this.
The Los Angeles Angels? The The Angels Angels
There’s a island nearby called huapi, which translates to island..